Menards NHRA Heartland Nationals
presented by Minties
Event 10 of 24 (Topeka)
Heartland Motorsports Park
June 7-9, 2019
DSR Topeka Saturday Highlights:
- Last week’s Funny Car winner, Tommy Johnson Jr., will start race day from the top-half of the field for the fifth consecutive event and eighth time in the past ten races
- Antron Brown will start from the top-half of the Top Fuel field in the No. 4 spot
- Ron Capps and Matt Hagan, who is celebrating his 250th Funny Car event, also secured top-half starting positions
- Round one of Funny Car eliminations features a DSR intramural battle between Hagan and Jack Beckman
- DSR is seeking its fourth consecutive Funny Car victory and first Top Fuel win of the season
Driver of the Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Qualified: No. 10
The Competition: No. 7 Matt Hagan
Q1: 4.134 E.T. at 304.80 MPH
Q2: 4.018 E.T. at 319.14 MPH
Q3: 4.216 E.T. at 239.36 MPH
Q4: 4.100 E.T. at 292.71 MPH
“I think the motto for this weekend is ‘survive qualifying and thrive on race day.’ We won’t have lane choice, and we will have to dig ourselves out of a bit of a hole, but we’ll face totally new conditions tomorrow, and I love our chances.”
About Don Schumacher Racing:
Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) is the winningest team in NHRA Drag Racing history, having claimed more than 325 NHRA national event titles and 17 world championships since opening its doors in 1998.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR fields seven professional teams competing in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing series. In Top Fuel, the Matco Tools dragster driven by three-time world champion Antron Brown, the MOPAR/Pennzoil/Sparkling Ice dragster driven by Leah Pritchett and eight-time world champion Tony Schumacher’s machine. In Funny Car, the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat driven by 2016 world champion Ron Capps, the Mopar Express Lane/Pennzoil/Sandvik Coromant Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat piloted by Matt Hagan, and in Terry and Doug Chandler’s ‘giving cars,’ 2012 NHRA world champion Jack Beckman in the Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge, and Tommy Johnson Jr. behind the wheel of the Make-A-Wish Dodge.
DSR also campaigns two Factory Stock Showdown entries. The duo is piloted by Pritchett, the 2018 Factory Stock Showdown Series champion, and former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk.
Follow Don Schumacher Racing at Shoeracing.com, on Twitter and Instagram at @shoeracing and Facebook.com/shoeracing.