Sponsor "Fast Jack"
Sponsor exposure reaches a fan base in the millions. Media coverage at a national level is already in place via various formats including social media resources, television, magazines, radio, FoxSports1, live streams, print and television commercials, and personal appearances.
There are a variety of price points including primary and associate sponsorships.
Investing in the highest level of sponsorship will allow you to maximize your exposure and provide you with the best opportunity for increased revenue. You may choose to sponsor one race with this driver and review your return prior to opting for a more advanced sponsorship, or a longer commitment. The cost of sponsoring one race is far below what you may be expecting and we would be happy to discuss numbers further in a teleconference or meeting with you and/or your company representatives.
Additional benefits of sponsorship can include:
- Customer/employee entertainment.
- V.I.P. seating.
- Signage (making sure the sponsor's name is prominently displayed on the race vehicle(s); ensuring sponsor is in agreement with placement of the signage. Company banners can also be displayed at the track after gaining permission from NHRA officials and/or track owners/managers.
- Announcements. The track announcer can be provided information about the team and sponsors. Hearing the company name announced has quite an impact on guests.
- Show-car program. This can actually turn into a program that helps the sponsor pay for the sponsorship. A show car can be available for appearances at trade shows, job fairs, branch openings, community events, corporate functions, and other such events. Driver can be included for autographs. This helps sponsors build traffic for their business, develop marketing lists, and add further visibility to the sponsor name as a player in this sport.
- Advertising integration. Sponsor can have the right to use the driver, car, and more in its advertising. Auto racing in advertising has a way of attracting more attention.
- Promotions and contests. We can work with sponsors to create promotions, contests, and sweepstakes that could include the winner being a team member at an event or award free event tickets, fan wear, and other prizes.
- Merchandising. Team merchandise and fan wear with the sponsor's logo can help the sponsor pay for the deal. There are also "hero cards" available at all races that have the sponsor company's name/logo on them. A sponsor can also opt to have a coupon on the hero card.
- Insurance. Often, racers are asked about sponsor liability insurance when seeking sponsorship. Don Schumacher Racing carries an extremely large liability insurance policy.
[Source: National Dragster | Issue 5 | Volume 54 | March 8, 2013 | Ernie Saxton: Sponsorship Marketing | excerpts]
Through funding from Terry Chandler, the Infinite Hero (InfiniteHero.org) awareness program expanded from six events in 2014 to the
entire 24-race 2015, 2016 and 2017 seasons.
July 4, 2017, Terry Chandler succumbed to her battle with brain cancer. She is described as "the most giving and caring woman in NHRA drag racing". There was no one at a racetrack not touched, in one way or another, by this wonderful person. We miss you Terry! Your smile, encouragement and love for this sport live on!!
The late Terry Chandler's dream of having a "giving car" in the NHRA Funny Car category will continue through 2020 after her husband, Doug Chandler, agreed to continue her mission and fund two Funny Cars with Don Schumacher Racing.
Sponsored by: Doug Chandler, in honor of his late wife, Terry Chandler.